Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Abuses of The Winnipeg Parking Authority Pt.2

After being on "The Great Canadian Talk Show" on Tuesday I continued on my quest for justice. Wednesday I applied under the "Freedom Of Information" act for all video and audio captured at The Parking store as pertaining to my being assaulted.

Conveniently enough the place you apply for that is a mere fifty steps away from the Mayor's office, so I popped in to discuss getting an appointment to see him. They were very helpful in explaining how to apply for an appointment with the Mayor. The Same day I submitted my application for an appointment with him.

Things get a little funny here.

I decided that since I was right next door to the Police station I would pop in and let them know what was going on. I went and talked to the officer at the front desk. It seems as though everyone is ten years younger than me now and this officer was no exception. I tried to explain to him that nothing had been done about my case, at which point he got on the defensive and starting asking me how I know what they're doing. Simply put, six months of you guys not returning my phone calls and refusing to tell me who the investigator is would appear to any member of the public as having done nothing. I quickly interrupted myself and began to explain that I wasn't there to be threatening about their lack of attention to my case, I was there to help protect them from the fallout that may occur from it. I explained that I had been on the radio about this case, I had personally requested the audio and video documentation, and that I was in the process of getting a meeting with the Mayor. The only reason I was at the Police Station was to let them know they should make sure all their T's are crossed and I's are dotted. He took great offense to this and told me he was sure that they had done their job to the highest of standards. I wasn't going to get into a pissing match with a guy with a gun, I simply requested that he let the detective in "The Back Room" know what was going on because I really don't want this to become a Winnipeg Parking Authority/ Winnipeg Police issue.

Here's the funny part.....

At 6 O'Clock that evening, six months after I filed the charges, 24 after being on the radio, less than an hour after being in the Mayor's office, Two investigators show up on my doorstep.

To be continued.

If you would like to assist Jason or send him nasty letters
You can contact Jason at jasonrossmusic@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Where can I read the continuation of this story? Just today, I got offended by an parking enforcement officer who told me that he will hit me so hard that I would not know what hit me. The officer is twice as tall and wide. I stood on a side to let him finish taking pictures then I literally zipped in in my car and left. All I asked was if it is not to late to cancel the ticket.

    ReplyDelete